Wednesday 13 June 2012

It's Knit In Public Week

Hello everyone - did you know that it's international Knit In Public Week.
I was thinking of grabbing my lawn chair and sitting out in the parking lot at the shop and knit outside this Saturday - weather permitting.  The shop is open from 10am - 3pm so I am thinking that every chance I get I will sit outside and knit during that time instead of knitting inside the shop :)  If you have some time and would like to join me that would be great :)

In Other News :)

I finished the lovely Liberty Wool Vest - so cute.  I really enjoyed knitting eith this yarn - what a treat.  Here's what it looks like.  We have some great colours instock.
 
The new issue of Simplified Living has just arrived - hot off the press.  We are featured in this issue with a cute pair fo easy felted slippers - hope you enjoy the project and this great magazine.  We do have copies available for purchase here at the store.

 Here's a couple of the slippers knit up with Cabin Fever yarn - it felts beautifully.
 I have taken the plunge and have started a "color affection" shawl - you can find the pattern on Ravelry.  This one is for my sister :)  Lucky girl.  I am making it with Madelinetosh sock - in colour ways Moss, Mansfields Garden Party and Oxblood.  I just love knitting with this yarn and this pattern is pretty addictive as well.  Come and check the Madeline Tosh Yarns - they are great and we will be bringing in more colours :) 

I hope you are all enjoying your summer and finding some time to knit :)

1 comment:

  1. Hoping to make it on Saturday! The vest is just beautiful - probably won't fit me though.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete